jeudi 7 novembre 2013

Right into the English world…


Communication
The children and I talked to each other a lot while I was new. Now I’m more in the background for them. They have a lot of energy and they move a lot. Sometimes, it’s hard to know what they mean because they don’t always look at me and I lose some words. I can’t see a big difference in the way they dress because they have a uniform. For the adults, it was mostly jeans or black pants, or skirt with a nice top, a little casual. The principal is always dressed very professionally (nice pants, tie, etc.). Monitors use first names when they are together but when they are with children, they add a “Miss” in front of the first name. They have a break from 12h30 to 14h but in general they stay a little more and do some cleaning in the kitchen. It’s a normal kitchen for them and for the school to do cooking projects and a place where the monitors wait for their shift to begin. In English, it’s hard to show the same politeness as in French because the vocabulary is not the same. It’s more right to the point But they are very respectful to each other.


Language structure
[  Go in one ear and out the other (entrer par une oreille et sortir par l'autre) (I tried to say that expression to the monitor when the children were not listening to her.)

(247 words)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire