jeudi 7 novembre 2013

Better outside or inside a classroom?

Interference +++
My first language is French but last year, I had an English friend and now in Cegep most of my classes are in English. I saw that my French interferes with my English when I explain something. For example, after school, I help kids with their homework. I corrected a text where there were a few errors as: “to(o) buy” or “compost(ing) bin”. Sometime when I was explaining, I didn’t use the correct word such as: “upside down” instead of “backward” because he switched some words.


Immersion VS Class
Internships are very useful. It’s my 4th or 5th one and I think it’s a great way to learn a language or a job. For example I did two stages for my job and it was very useful, I felt even more prepared to do all the tasks properly. I also did a stage of one day at my French elementary school.

For example, in an internship, I can learn games and songs.

Here are two songs I heard when kids were skipping rope:

Apples, Peaches, Pears and Plums

Tell me when your birthday comes.

January                                 (* jumpers jumps in when her *)

February                                (*  birth month is called     *)

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

1               (* jumpers jump out when their birthdate is called *)

2

3


31


Cinderella Dressed in Yellow
Jump Rope Song

Cinderella
Dressed in yellow
Went to kiss a prince,
By mistake,
Kissed a snake.
How many doctors
Did it take,
Was it,
One!
Two!
Three!
Four!
Five…


Language structure
Sometime, you don’t learn new words but you rediscover old words you had forgetten. You have them in your brain, but you forgot what they mean.

[  Behavior (comportement)

(212words)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire