jeudi 28 novembre 2013

Dialoguessssssss

Mistakes + Formal
P = Principal                                                              E = Éliee
Context : It was the first time I reached Mr. Estok, I was in the girl washroom, very stress, with all my paper on the counter to be sure to be professional and everything.
E: Hi. Mr. Estok? It is Elizabeth from A-L for an internship.
P : Bonjour Comment allez vous?
E : Bien. Thank you. And you?
P: I’m fine thanks. Tu prefers qu’on parle en Anglais ou en Français?
E : English please.
P : It’s fine. So the first step is to have a meeting right?
E: Yes please. When would you be available?
P: Tell me your time please.
E: Eu… Ok. Could you wait a minute please I will take my agenda.
P: Of course.
[…]
E: Tuesday at 11?
P: It would be fine for me.
E: Great see you tomorrow then?
P: Tomorrow? You said Tuesday no?
E: Oh sorry I mixed up Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday I can’t sorry I always mix those two days.
P: It’s ok. How about Monday at 4?
E: Yes I’m available.
P: see you Monday, Lundi then. Have a nice week end.
E: Thanks see you Monday. Have a nice weekend too. Sorry for that
P: It’s ok. Bye Bye.
E: Bye

What I would say in the future (not make that mistake again and be a little bit more formal)
E: Hi. Mr. Estok? It is Elizabeth from A-L for an internship.
P : Bonjour Comment allez vous?
E : Bien. Thank you. How about you?
P: I’m fine thanks. Tu prefères qu’on parle en Anglais ou en Français?
E : It would be more appropriate for my internship in English please.
P : It’s fine. So the first step is to have a meeting right?
E: Yes please. When would you be available?
P: Tell me your time please.
E: Eu… Ok. Could you wait a minute please I will take my agenda.
P: Of course.
[…]
E: Tuesday the 26 of September at 11?
P: Tuesday is the 1st of October. (It would be fine for me.)
E: Great see you tomorrow then?
P: Tomorrow? You said Tuesday no?
E: Oh sorry I mixed up Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday I can’t sorry I always mix those two days.
P: It’s ok. How about Monday at 4?
E: Yes I’m available.
P: See you Monday, Lundi then. Have a nice week end.
E: Thank you see you Monday. Have a nice weekend too. Sorry for that.
P: It’s ok. Bye Bye.
E: Bye

I find that the conversation was formal enough but i often become less formal when i am under pressure.


Informal
Monitors always told the children to be polite with me but they would always talk to me as they would to their friends. It's really cute and children can be the best remedy against sadness and melancholy. I dont have big conversation that are informal so here are many little ones.

I was talking with a grade two:
Kid: My mom will come to pick me up only at six.
E: I finish at six too.
Kid: You will finish a six zero two how funny.
E: Haha! No I mean I will also stay until six o’clock.
Kid: Ah ok. hahahahahahaha

Two or three girls in grade two were playing a vampire role play story:
E: You know that vampire doesn’t like onion and ail.
Kids: Ail? What is it?
E: It’s food. How you call it in English..?
[…] (they tried many words)
E: Golic?
Kids: OH!!!! GARLIC!!!
E: Yes it’s that! Haha I forgot that word.

It was pet day, everybody was eating in the gym and I helped a lot. I said to a kid to sit down and wait a second because I was already doing a task and a monitor was passing by and thought I was talking to her. It was Miss Claire. I quickly told her I was talking to the kid. It was an embarrassing but a little comical moment because during the internship, I talked a lot with Miss Claire in the gym.

And other informal conversation is when Miss Claire showed pictures of her when she went in Morocco.
(710 words)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire