jeudi 7 novembre 2013

Culture, culture, culture…



I interviewed three adults for that question. Miss Kim takes care of grade four during lunch. She said that the native English speaker can easily talk in French and native French speakers even better. She also said that when native French speakers were together it was “their group” and rarely native English speakers would come talk with them. I also saw that in an English School, the cliché of “cliques” are the same as in English typical movies. Miss Franca welcomes the parents when they come to take their children. She told me that she doesn’t see a cultural or a linguistic difference between parents. Then another monitor (I don’t remember her name) (Miss Julietta) said that she sees a big difference. For example, Asian parents are calmer; Italians are really expressive, etc. (Cliché thoughts of the different cultures.) For the children, I didn’t see that culture did a difference. I don’t want to judge but I think from what I saw (During lunch on Halloween day, two parents wanted to stay to eat with their kid. Miss Franca said no, but the teacher didn’t say anything when the parents told her they would stay for lunch.) Maybe English parents don’t always ask permission to do something but I can’t judge those acts because it can change from parents to another. Also the janitor talks a lot more to monitors than the janitor at my elementary school.

Polite language or Slang?
I already talked a little about that in post #3 but because it is a school, everyone talks really well or pays attention to what they say, how and when. The principal always talks properly and professionally but also can act a little for the kids. For example, there was a Halloween contest and the principal announced the winners with a funny voice. In the kitchen, monitors always talk a little more relaxed because they are among themselves.

Language structure
[  Race (course) (The educator told the children that running would not help them to get the surprise faster.)
[  Ruffling independently (faire ses choses de façon indépendante) (The kids were too noisy.)
[  Talent talking (yelling) (too much noisy) (I don’t remember how to write it.)


(371 words)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire