jeudi 28 novembre 2013

It’s the End…

Goals accomplish!
Pronunciation: I think my pronunciation is better than I thought and I should have taken the goal of being a better listener. Of course I listen carefully but (I don’t know how to say it) I think, I’m not that good to understand young English speakers.
New vocabulary: I have learned a lot of new words and I rediscovered words I had forgotten. I am very happy. I was a little nervous at the beginning because I’m not a hearing person and I was afraid to learn nothing. Also at the beginning I hadn’t 3 or 5 new words or expressions.

What helped me to achieve those goals is that I’m already pretty good I just need to practice what I already know. What didn’t help me was my shyness and anxious personality.

Strategies well chosen!
Low inhibition, guessing and practice were, on the five language learning strategies I chose, the best one for my internship because it’s (like I already said) non-prepare dialogs. 

Language became better
 I can’t say that now I am 100% bilingual because I’m a relatively very slow learner. But I learn a lot in general and a little bit in every category (grammar, vocabulary, language level, structure of ideas, fluency, accuracy, pronunciation, etc).

Growth
 I learn that the woman who works there are very courageous women because there is a lot of noise and it’s a mental and physical job. I don’t know if I could do that 5 days a week.

THANK YOU, Gracias, Merci, Cheche, Arigato…
I brought two homemade sugar pies for all the monitors and the principal. I wrote a little message for the monitor to thanks them. I did it last minute so it might contain mistakes. I also bring a card, a small pad note and a pencil (all from Andre-Laurendeau) for the principal. When I asked to see him, the secretary told me he was not there. So, I ask if I could let the card on his desk and she said yes. When I enter (without knocking because he was not “supposed” to be there) I saw him and I just stop and nearly jump back. I apologise and then talk to him about the pies and the card and the last paper I needed.


In the card, I wrote that the experience gave me a good idea of what I like and dislike about school. For the monitor, I simply thanks them for everything and especially Misses Kim, Denise, Franca, Karen, Claire.

Can I go again?
If the student like children and is relatively good in English and in French, I would recommend this internship at 110%. I had a lot of fun and it was very interesting. It was not too stressful but if you can’t be independent and nearly find your own work to do it will be difficult because the monitor take (or keep) all the work together and see you nearly only as a visitor.

Other…
There is interesting observations or cute moments that I don’t know where to place because it would maybe fit weirdly in an old post. 
[  A kid let me win checkmate.
[  Culture: more sport, gym
[  They are strong women; they love kids, etc…
[  Younger ones gave me many hug and they mix together more (compare to grade four)
[  On my last day, they all wanted to draw something in my notebook.
[  ETC.
(575 words)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire